Wednesday, July 13, 2011

polka dots & moonbeams

it’s incredible to watch your children grow up to be semi-clones of yourself, sometimes for good and others times not so much.  i often wonder why each child seemed to pick and choose what kinds of behaviors and tendencies that i displayed over the years and then stray at times from my more redeeming traits.  i am grateful for their differences and individuality, and am happy to say each of my children has a very big heart.

this post is focused on the matters of the heart, especially with the recent engagement of my daughter Kirsten.  when we speak of the heart we think about love and romance. sometimes love for our families and relationships, but today i am not writing about people, this is the polka-dot kind of love in which kirsten and i share the same genetic chromosome .  when we were recently discussing her thoughts on her wedding she recited that she would like the theme of her wedding to be polka-dots.  after my long and exhausting happy dance upon hearing this news, i quickly set to work to determine how we can neatly fit this super cute theme into the most perfect wedding design concept so no “dot” or “i” was left unmarked.  they say when an idea is destined for it’s course, the magic begins and this was no exception.  yes, we had the graphic, but we needed the substance, the glue, the one main idea that would always turn us back to where we should be, and as if my nuptial prayer was answered, there it was, a gift from the internet heavens in the form of the song “polka dots and moonbeams” sung and recorded by Frank Sinatra in Los Angeles in May of 1961.

perrrrrfection!

Polka dots and Moonbeams – by Frank Sinatra

[Recorded May 2, 1961, Los Angeles]

A country dance was being held in a garden
I felt a bump and heard an "Oh, beg your pardon"
Suddenly I saw polka dots and moonbeams
All around a pug-nosed dream

The music started and was I the perplexed one
I held my breath and said "May I have the next one?"
In my frightened arms, polka dots and moonbeams
Sparkled on a pug-nosed dream

There were questions in the eyes of other dancers
As we floated over the floor
There were questions but my heart knew all the answers
And perhaps a few things more

Now in a cottage built of lilacs and laughter
I know the meaning of the words "Ever after"
And I'll always see polka dots and moonbeams
When I kiss the pug-nosed dream

enjoy the style sheet and stay tuned for more updates…dot, dot, dot!

stylepage_kirsten

happy seeing [@][@]!!

No comments:

Post a Comment